Summary of position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including planting and garnishing of cooked items hot or cold and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot and cold menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in the boilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with Caffe Concerto’s standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standard and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, boilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepare items for boiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed, after preparing all items for the station.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head Chef or manager-on-duty.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and floor area personnel.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift
• Be able to work in a standing position for periods of time